811 Day Survey Contest
In honor of August 11th being National 8-1-1 Day, Kansas 811 is running a survey contest that will be shared on our Facebook and Twitter channels on August 10th. 8-1-1 day is a day to teach others about the importance of getting their underground utilities marked before they dig, so the theme of our survey is where YOU first learned about Kansas 811. 5 lucky participants will be rewarded with a fabulous prize.
When the contest post is up on August 10th, followers will be asked to tell us all about where they first heard about Kansas 811 in the comments of the contest post. There will be choices A-H to choose from, but additional details are encouraged!
The following day (August 11th – 8-1-1 Day), we’ll publish the most popular answers and announce our contest champions in a new post! The lucky winners will receive a Visa gift card. It’s a great way to learn about the best ways to share the safe digging message, and possibly win a prize!
Follow Kansas 811 on Facebook to be the first to know when the contest is published.
Read more for official contest rules.
Contest Rules: Kansas 811 – 811 Day Survey Social Media Contest
By participating in the contest, participants acknowledge and consent to all rules and stipulations set forth by Kansas 811.
ENTRY: No purchase is necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. All federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations apply. Entry into any Promotion will only be via the method specified by Kansas 811. Only one (1) prize will be permitted per winner.
All entries must be received on the Kansas 811 Facebook channel – within the time period stated by Kansas 811 during the Promotion’s offer to be eligible to win the prize. Late and/or subsequent entries per person, per household, per email address and/or username will be disqualified. Kansas 811 is not responsible for failure to receive an entry for any reason including but not limited to submission and/or transmission failures, technical malfunctions and/or other conditions beyond its reasonable control. All entries become the property of Kansas 811 and will not be acknowledged or returned. This contest is in no way sponsored by Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. This contest is solely created and sponsored by Kansas 811, Inc.
- Entries must meet the following requirements. If the following requirements are not met, entries will become disqualified.
- Persons must comment on the contest post to be eligible to win.
- Persons must post comments that are relevant to the contest and consist of a clear answer to the survey question provided in the contest post to be eligible to win.
- Five (5) prizes will be randomly awarded to five (5) participants (one prize each) with a valid entry.
- If the person who enters the contest has already won another contest from Kansas 811 in the last month, their entry will no longer be considered valid.
ELIGIBILITY: To win, you must be a legal US resident, eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry.
WINNER SELECTION: Kansas 811’s clock will be the official timekeeper for all Promotions.
- Unless otherwise specified in the Promotion, winners (Social Media Users) will be chosen at random from the valid entries using a random number generator on Google.
- Winners will be announced on Kansas 811’s Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- If a winner does not respond to such notification within five (5) business days and/or does not meet the stated eligibility requirements, such winner will be disqualified, and Kansas 811 reserves the right to randomly select an alternate winner from the remaining eligible entries received for the applicable Promotion.
- By entering, participants in the Promotion release the Released Parties (defined below) from any claims, losses, injuries or damages of any kind resulting from participation in the Promotion or the use or receipt of any prizes.
- The failure to comply with the foregoing requirements, or the return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable may cause the winner to forfeit their prize and Kansas 811 reserves the right to select an alternate winner.
- Kansas 811’s decisions concerning selection of winners, as well as all other matters relating to any Promotion, are final and binding. Odds of winning a Promotion will depend on the number of eligible entries received for the applicable Promotion.
PRIZES: Five (5) prizes given away for this contest. Kansas 811 maintains the ability to at random select winners and award the designated prize. Prizes may not be substituted, transferred, or assigned except at Kansas 811’s sole discretion. Prize includes only what is specified in the prize description.
LIMITATION ON LIABILITY: ENTRANTS RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS, KANSAS 811 AND ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, INJURY OR LOSSES (INCLUDING DEATH) TO ANY PERSON, OR PROPERTY, OF ANY KIND RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES RELATED ACTIVITY OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PROMOTION CONDUCTED BY KANSAS 811.
GENERAL CONDITIONS: Illegible, unintelligible, incorrect, or incomplete entries or responses will be disqualified. The Released Parties are not responsible for any lost, late, misdirected, stolen, or undelivered entries. The Released Parties are not responsible for technical, network, electronic, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind, including any injury or damage to entrants or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any materials related to any Promotion. The Released Parties are not responsible for incomplete, garbled or delayed Internet/e-mail computer entries or for any malfunction or technical errors occurring on any Social Media sites on which a Promotion is conducted. In the event that technical or other circumstances compromise a Promotion, Kansas 811 reserves the right to cancel, modify or terminate the Promotion, and/or to select winners for prizes from all eligible entries received prior to the cancellation. The Released Parties are not responsible for typographical errors in the Promotion, any Social Media Site, or these rules.
CLAIMS/CHOICE OF LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant in connection with any Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Kansas, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in the State of Kansas. All participants who enter a Promotion agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Supreme Court of the State of Kansas and agree to waive the right to a jury trial with respect to any claim or dispute with regard to any aspect of any Promotion or these Official Rules. Any and all claims, judgments and awards in connection with a Promotion shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs (if any) incurred in connection with such Promotion up to $50.00, but in no event attorney’s fees; and under no circumstances will an entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrants hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses only up to $50.00, and hereby waive all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
PUBLICITY/RELEASE: Except where prohibited by law or regulation, by entering and/or accepting a prize you grant Kansas 811 permission to use your name, username/online alias, likeness, and statements for any purpose without additional compensation, consideration or consent. Kansas 811 reserves the right to use any Response or Submission in all print and electronic media, and to edit any Response or Submission for brevity and clarity.
WINNER’S LIST: For the names of the winner(s) of a Promotion, please email Linda Ronco <firstname.lastname@example.org>, within thirty (30) days following the conclusion of the applicable Promotion. Participants must agree, acknowledge and consent to receiving notification and the release of their personal information if they win.
Restrictions apply. Prizes cannot be combined with other offers, cannot be traded or redeemed for cash.